Monday 4 August 2014

Hampton Court Flower Show



It may have been a few weeks ago but there was so much inspiration at the RHS Hampton Court Flower Show that I thought it was was worth sharing some of the pictures I took.

If you can't make it the show it is worth visiting Hampton Court for the gardens themselves. I took a peak as we walked through to enter the show and the herbaceous borders looked amazing.


The great thing about Hampton is there is lots of inspiration for smaller gardens. These are some of my highlights from the show gardens.











My favourite garden used some traditional materials in a modern way to create a contemporary garden that was softer and more interesting than some of the minimal gardens that have been in fashion.




Another feature of Hampton is the 'conceptual' gardens. Some people are unsure of this section as they find the gardens abstract and can't picture the elements in their own gardens. You need to approach this area of the show with a different outlook; I look at them as works of art rather than gardens that I would want in my own private space.




If it's plants and colour you like then you may find these inspiring. It was interesting to see that more colour is now being used in the planting schemes.




I have to say I am rather a fan of the water rill in a garden; it is a good way to add gentle and peaceful water to a space and can work to both divide and unify two areas or spaces. This was an interesting take on the age old water feature.




No comments:

Post a Comment